Jun 17, 2012

Portrait of a smiley boy

Tool:  Wacom intuos 3
by Daphne Lee, finished on 17 Jun 2012


I should have finished this painting in 2 days but I accidentally destroyed it when I was angry and anxious after a whole day of office work. I tried to do it once again but the feeling had gone. Finally I managed to finish it in a week but the first discarded draft could never be imitated. It is another example telling me not to bring emotions from work to home. 

I am a beginner to paint in Photoshop. The most challenging part of this painting to me is making the blonde hair smooth and shiny. Apparently I should put extra effort into making an improvement. What to paint in next attempt? May be an Asian baby girl to practice painting black hair. 

I'm glad to have time doing my hobbies in the evenings after work. If no overtime working is required everyday, there is nothing for me to complain about. Relax and take it easy. Learn to live a life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment