Jul 16, 2012

Playing Piano

Tool:  Wacom intuos 3
by Daphne Lee, finished on 16 July 2012


I am rather weak at drawing still objects from 3D-perspectives. I used to avoiding background objects, although I know that readers will have no idea about the meaning of a picture without an arrangement of objects. A background and an attractive composition are important to tell a story. I have to overcome my weakness to make a breakthrough in my drawing skill. 

I imitated a photo and painted the above picture in Photoshop. The most difficult part for me is not the kid but the piano. I hope I would be more patient in drawing straight lines and sharpening the corners. 

Enough practice now. Time to create illustrations in my own ideas. The next work will be a cartoon character. 






No comments:

Post a Comment